Mindful Leadership Coaching
Mindful Leadership coaching is a highly individualised development process for helping you to feel inspired, increase performance and strive for excellence. Leaders generally want honest reliable feedback, skill development and good action ideas for dealing with staff, stakeholders, new demands and rapid change.
Individuals and Organisations typically arrange Leadership coaching because research on ROI shows increased management performance, increased team performance, and increased job satisfaction. A Mindful approach to Leadership Coaching emphasises the development of clarity, focus, relationships, wisdom and inspiration in the leader – The inner game of leadership.
“What we find repeatedly is the collective sigh of relief that those at the top are not alone in their challenges and dreams, their desire to do the right thing, and sometimes secret inner fears and doubts and responses that halt them in their way. Especially the fear of being caught out as a fake. They don’t always know the answers, and in coaching can simply be honest about their struggles and ambitions and how they move forward”
The aim is to open new possibilities by concentrating on two main aspects:
1.Developing core management skills to maximise performance
2.Enhancing leadership perspective, behaviours, interpersonal style and impact
The focus changes at different management levels and tends to flow between these five areas:
1. Skills training – for a new role, specific project or dynamic, eg conflict management
2. Self-management of emotions/behaviour – to enhance performance and relationships
3. Career development and lifestyle balance
4. Larger business agendas – results, strategic visioning, relationship success
5. Complex agendas – including delicate issues and new possibilities for personal/business success
Typically leaders seek coaching tools and strategies for specific aims such as:
- Creating a clear vision with direction, perspective and focus
- Building confidence and skills in communication
- Increasing influence and impact
- Being aware of strengths, fears and blind spots of self and others
- Managing own emotions, stress and conflicts
- Thinking clearly, being decisive
- Moving away from silo management behaviour
- Fostering a cohesive team of ‘willing followers’ working towards success
- Managing today’s work efficiently whilst planning and working on tomorrow’s work
Coaching format and process:
In person, by zoom or phone.
Through discussion and continuous iterative (repeated cycles), incremental and integrated development you will:
- Clarify your agenda, and define extraordinary results
- Identify strengths
- Practice “systematically closing the door” on things that aren’t working
- Create new possibilities
- Do some things differently
- Evaluate and refine
Length of commitment, and Frequency varies according to need:
• 2-3 coaching meetings to develop a small skill or make a specific decision
• 6 coaching meetings over 3-6 months to develop in particular areas
• Ongoing coaching will continually enhance your leadership capacity
Developing a relationship with an experienced trusted confidante who knows you well, supports you, keeps your secrets and challenges you to grow, will keep you focussed on success in areas that matter to you.
How does Mindful Leadership coach know how to help you?
Most Leadership coaches have not necessarily faced the exact same business challenges or reached toward the exact same mountain tops as you. Rather, the coach has been on a different mountain and watched many others face many different obstacles to climb many different mountains. This perspective gives the coach a view of many different ways to navigate obstacles and many possible paths to the top. A leadership coach is often seen as a wise guide on the side rather than a sage on stage.
Leadership Coach – Liana Taylor
Clinical Psychologist, Leadership Coach, and Mindfulness Teacher
Director of the Mindfulness Centre
Founder of the Australian Institute of Applied Mindfulness
Liana has over 25 years experience in the private sector balancing clinical and relationship therapy, mindful leadership coaching, Applied Mindfulness Training and leadership development. She was a university lecturer and now teaches and speaks across Australia.
Liana is Australia’s leading provider of Applied Mindfulness training to leaders, managers and health professionals. An innovator in the field of Mindful Leadership, Liana’s passion for social change toward the cultivation of wisdom in leaders has inspired her mindful leadership programs. Her keynote speech at the first International Mindfulness conference in Rome, and at South Australia’s first Mindfulness Symposium reflect her passion for leadership development and cultivating wisdom in leadership.
Coaching is not Therapy
Although they share similarities in tools and methods there are distinct and important differences. Therapy is more useful for long standing, closely held or deeper areas of concern that impede healthy functioning and require a therapeutic process. Coaching is a guided process in which you are assisted to maximise your skills and explore new possibilities and potential within yourself. Liana is qualified and experienced in both therapy and leadership coaching.
Coaching Fees & Packages – (plus GST)
• Casual 1 hour coaching meetings $375
• Six, 1 hour coaching meetings package,$2,000
• Full Year package – incl. access to weekly coaching meetings, unlimited short emails, calls $20,000